His credits include writing and producing for such shows as Quincy, M.E., The Incredible Hulk, The Fall Guy, Northern Exposure, The Outer Limits and Stargate SG-1. He is the son of a holocaust survivor and based the Outer Limits episode "Tribunal" on his father's experience in the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp where his father's first wife and daughter were killed by the Nazis.
As a journalist, Egan has written for Rolling Stone Magazine and was editor of the arts magazine The Every Other Weekly.
Writing credits Edit
- 1x01 & 1x02 "Sanctuary For All" (teleplay) (co-writer with Damian Kindler)
- Episode 1x04 "Folding Man"
- Episode 1x06 "Nubbins"
- Episode 1x08 "Edward"
- Episode 1x10 "Warriors" (teleplay) (co-writer with Peter Mohan)
- Episode 1x12 "Revelations, Part I" (story) (teleplay) (co-writer with Damian Kindler)
- Episode 1x13 "Revelations, Part II" (story) (co-writer with Damian Kindler)